• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Head Supershape e-Rally

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug: The Rally has been the SkiTalk.com weapon of choice from the Supershape collection since it was introduced two generations ago. It has the shape of the Magnum for fun short turns and some of the girth of the Titan for versatility and float -- what's not to like? It was the best of both with little compromise. It was a winner with skiers, and retailers loved it because it flew off the racks. Again, what's not to like? But is there a kink in the armor? A tarnish to the shine? Nope. It is still a great ski, and IMHO the best of the past two generations. The e-Rally has the easy of the round tipped and tail previous ski and the purpose of the past square-tailed version without compromising either. There is an ease again but not at the loss of power. A tough balance to retain, yet Head found a way.

Insider tip: Step up to the new Protector binding.​

Drahtguy Kevin: The middle child in the Supershape series, the eRally performs admirably at variable speeds. Tip engagement is improved over the most recent offerings in this ski. The new eRally floats between long and short turns without hesitation and while maintaining the same secure feel Head is known for.

Insider tip: Don’t get locked into a length – more than one size may work for you.​
Markojp (Head Mtn. Rep): This is an incredibly fun, versatile 'frontside' ski that can be led outside its design brief making it an ideal ski for anyone looking for their first sub 80mm carver that won't kick them in the teeth when their ski buddies decide to ski the whole mountain. The eRally is a bit stronger (and a smidge wider with a wee longer turn radius than the iRally. IMHO, this is great news for stronger, slightly heavier skiers who apply both power and finesse to their skiing. Taking your PSIA or CSIA L2 or L3 exam? This will perform all tasks with precision and sort out all the uncertain mixed conditions you're going to meet. It is not a FIS SL ski or a beer league race board, but so what? Lean back and wiggle? No. Tip up and giggle? Yep. You're home. If you're looking to replace your older 80mm iTitan, the eRally is your ski.

Awards
Who is it for?
You might be on your second Rally, and you will be happy with your third.
Who is it not for?
Those looking for a one-trick-pony; this ski is versatile. Those who want quick edge-to-edge performance.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
156, 163, 170, 177
Dimensions
132-78-114
Radius
14m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. New graphics
  2. Carryover
Binding options
  1. System
Last edited by a moderator:

Bradpevans

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have this E-Rally from two seasons ago in a 163 (cuz that's the size i could find). What might i expect with: this year's version in a 170? I'm 5'10" ski mostly small hill (Michigan) as well as trips out west. Love the "pull" into the turn ... a bit lost on bigger mountains though. Thanks!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_3981.jpeg
Long term update (11/21/23): The Supershape eRally rarely disappoints and more often than not, it lives up to the accolades and the following that it has accrued over it's long time on the market. Now in it's third generation, it is a great balance of the previous two making it the most versatile version offered.

Conditions at Rose were a mix of firm, but not icy and chalkly bumps, conditions that didn't warrent anything over 80mm underfoot although there were all too many wide skis out on this day. No, there was no reason to be on a zero camber 108mm Blizzard Cochise alonf with many if the other 100mm wide skis out. The eRally was a great choice in the soft bumps that were along the sides of Kit Carson, the only way down.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update (12/09/23): I have still not experienced the benefits of the Protector binding and like having fire insurance on our home, I hope I never have to. Conditons at Rose were nice and chalky with a mix of week old snow with some man made mixed in. Again, the e-Rally failed to surprise me is what it is capable of. The only time I even thought I wanted a different skis was when I got into some tight bumps with a chalky cover and the e-Rally's flaired tail didn't want to release as easy as some other skis. That small shortcoming quickly went away when I got them back on the groomers.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I really like what Head is doing. We are quickly being an all Head family. Wife love's the Joy's, son just got a eV8 and I have an eMagnum. Only need a Rebel SL for my daughter and we'd be complete. The line is so versatile. And that's not even looking at Kore. Way to go Head Skis.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm 6' 210 lbs. I would say I've pushed solidly into advanced category with the help of some awesome instructors this season.

What length would be suitable?

Thanks for any advice.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm 6' 210 lbs. I would say I've pushed solidly into advanced category with the help of some awesome instructors this season.

Thanks for any advice.
177cm.

Kahuna

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think Corbetts is cheaper if you want the protector binding.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am finding it hard to get a shop that demo's these that is reasonably close. The one close has the e-Magnum, but I don't know how much of an analog that would be. Makes it hard to decide whether they would be decent or not.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just to confirm, starting with 2023 is the new design and 2024 is only a top sheet graphic update?

Want to make sure before getting the 2023.

Thanks for all the help!

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just to confirm, starting with 2023 is the new design and 2024 is only a top sheet graphic update?

Want to make sure before getting the 2023.

Thanks for all the help!
I believe 2021 is the first year of the new design. Don’t think too much. It’s a great ski.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the 2023 eRally from Corbetts. Cosmetic changes only to 2024 and an outstanding ski.

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have the 2023 eRally from Corbetts. Cosmetic changes only to 2024 and an outstanding ski.
How do you like it in afternoon skiing when groomers are tracked out and snowboard plowed a bit?

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
Long term update (12/09/23): I have still not experienced the benefits of the Protector binding and like having fire insurance on our home, I hope I never have to. Conditons at Rose were nice and chalky with a mix of week old snow with some man made mixed in. Again, the e-Rally failed to surprise me is what it is capable of. The only time I even thought I wanted a different skis was when I got into some tight bumps with a chalky cover and the e-Rally's flaired tail didn't want to release as easy as some other skis. That small shortcoming quickly went away when I got them back on the groomers.
An anecdotal yet relevant comment @Philpug

I have the protectors mounted to Kendo 88s (as well as others). I was coming off a 4-seater lift with 3 other people a few weeks back. I don't know if someone stepped on my ski, or I myself got caught off guard, but the snow was very bare on the blue rubber lift mat and my left ski basically felt glued to the mat. As I began to turn right I could feel my left leg twisting as my right turn progressed. All of a sudden, the ski popped off (a completely lateral force)...

...that was the first (and hopefully only) release I've had so far, but I don't think it would have happened if were a different binding. I think I would have fallen, twisted something on my leg (my knee perhaps) or both.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How do you like it in afternoon skiing when groomers are tracked out and snowboard plowed a bit?
I’ve skied it in everything from hard packed groomers to 5-10cm of fresh snow on top of scratchy icy base and it’s good in everything. It’s a reasonably heavy and stiff ski so it will plow through a bit of chop without much problem. More than 5 cm of fresh snow and I prefer my Rustler 9s.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Thanks for any advice.
Shame, if you could use a 170, I know if a very lightly used test pair ... with Protectors. ;)

Sponsor